Top 5 sneakers from the National Parks pack

New Balance have been getting better and better and 2014 has been out of the park for the brand especially when it comes to the Made in the USA range. For me the National Parks pack was killer and I would happily own the majority of them bar maybe a couple of the 996 pairs. Here is the breakdown of my Top 5, if I had room for one more it would have been the M996PD.

M998LL
Number 5: The pool blue 998  really needs no introduction it was definitely a fan favourite when it came out and for me there is no doubt it has to be in my top 5. I think the simple colour way is great and the shade of blue is a beauty.
M574BP
 Number 4: My next choice is this pair of 574's, there is no doubt that the made in USA 574s are worlds apart from their Asian made counterparts so you have the benefit of great shape and materials. The reason I chose this pair is that the colour just really pops and work so well together.
M1300TT
 Number 3: This pair surprised me, there is no doubt the colour combination is great and those blue hits just take it to the next level. The thing I wasn't sure about was the colour blocking the dark mid panel just wasn't doing it for me, however I managed to get a pair for a price I couldn't refuse and when having them in hand and on feet Im sold!

M1300NW
Number 2: A lot of people compare these to the Alife pair and its easy to see why, I am fortunate enough to own the AR2 so Im not desperate to get these but don't get me wrong when the opportunity comes I will most likely take it. There were mixed reactions with this one as it seems to be plagued with quality issues. However no one can argue the fact that this is a killer shoe.
M1300GB
Number 1: Perhaps surprising to some that these made number one, but for me I love them. Classic colour blocking, the mix of khaki and cream topped off with those leather accents come together to create a great shoe not to mention the specked midsole. The only obvious problem is the fact that they will be so easy to get dirty so these will be in hibernation until summer comes.

What would your top 5 be? Let me know in the comments.

This entry was posted on Thursday 14 August 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply